Apollo Live is a breath of fresh air in the production music industry
Apollo Live is Apollo Music’s very own label for production music. In 2009 Apollo Live became one of the fastest growing music libraries in the world, and one of the best selling libraries at Apollo Music (not bad for a music startup).
At Apollo Live we try to do things a little differently. We like to take chances and release music that people would normally not expect by a production music company. We don’t believe in just listening to the mainstream and copying other peoples work.
We believe that there is a need for great music in every genre. We believe that only two things really matter; Good quality and authentic sound. Further the album description needs to be clear and specific. Jazz is not just jazz and rock is not just rock. As we aim to have music for every production, representing all genres and emotions, we are on our way to become the long tail of production music.
This is also why we like to work with composers who are specialists in a specific type of music. If you want the authentic sound you need to work with the experts and not people who just try to copy them.
Many of our composers and bands have not produced production music before and we don’t ask them to. We simply want them to compose the music they do best and release it as library music. This also means that you will find a lot of unique music at Apollo Live such as complex modern classical music and fusion jazz.
We know that without composers there is no music
Our parent company Apollo Music was founded by composers and we know that there is no music industry without composers. With Apollo Live we want to make a successful business model for composers, where their music can earn worldwide royalties year after year.
We don’t sell buyout or do royalty free deals
We care about our composers and we want Apollo Live to be a good business partner they can rely on. We will do our utmost to secure that our composers get the royalties they work so hard for and deserve.
Being a net based library givesApollo Liveflexibility
Apollo Live is an Internet based production music library. We invest in building the best search features instead of making CD’s. This means that Apollo Live can release material much more quickly than most other libraries. Since we don’t have the cost of pressing CD’s we can also take bigger chances on the material we release. This means that we will release good niche material that other libraries might not.
The Apollo Team
Our Copenhagen office has an experienced sales team with clients within the AV-Industry in all Scandinavian countries and The Baltic’s. In addition we have our own office in Poland, while we work with some of the best publishers around the world in the territories we don’t cover ourselves.
Sub-Publishers we work with around the globe:
- The Diner (USA & Canada)
- Soho Music (UK)
- Intervox (Germany&Austria)
- Audio Kitchen (Switzerland)
- Musou (Greece)
- Touch Music (Taiwan, China, Singapoore)
- Blue Island Production (Romania)
- Vimusica (Portugal / Spain)
- Machiavelli International (Italy)
- Studio Fontana (Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- Groovers Music (Japan)
Why should composers sign with Apollo Live?
- As a composer at Apollo Live you will get your music exposed to a large network of publishers worldwide (see list above). By doing this, your music participates in a lot of specific searches performed by those publishers, all with a specific production in mind.
- The AV-Industry use the before mentioned networks while looking for music. Because of that you have an unique opportunity for your music to be found and used in a production. The different publisher’s sales teams also work very hard to pitch your music to suitable productions.
- As a composer at Apollo Live you’ll frequently be in contact with a very cooperative and helpful team, with the single goal to help get your music placed in those cool AV-productions. To do this we’ll give as much feedback as possible to make that perfect fit that makes the production companies coming back for more.
- As a composer at Apollo Live, you’ll receive revenue through your respected performance rights society, when your music gets synchronized and played. You will also receive revenue from the direct sale of your music (mechanicals).
- At Apollo, the agreements you make are what we call track specific, meaning that we only work and commission the tracks that you as a composer have approved (and that we at Apollo think has potential). In other words, we don’t commission all your work as a composer.